Thursday, September 01, 2005

Are We Indigenous Missionaries?

Anthony Coppedge has authored yet another thought provoking article on his blog.  The article is titled Does the Church Need AVL Technology?
Now I must confess at first I was confused because in the mobile data communications business AVL is an acronym for Automatic Vehicle Locator which uses GPS (Global Positioning System) technology to help pubic safety agencies, trucking companies or any other organization with a large fleet to keep track of their vehicles.  I thought “Why would a church need that?”  Anthony quickly clarified in the first paragraph that this AVL represents Audio, Video & Lighting.
Anthony sparked new avenues of thought for me as I’m now picturing my realm of using media as a mission field.  I attend a heavily missions oriented church so I may score points with my pastor by presenting our media ministry team as an indigenous missions team. [smile]  
Thanks once again Anthony for stoking the fire of my passion.  

No comments: