Thursday, November 24, 2005

Giving Thanks

I give thanks to God for all of my fellow bloggers that I enjoy reading. I won’t list them here because they are all listed in the right hand column anyway. A special thanks to Todd Rhoades and Gary Lamb for infecting me with this blogging bug.
I'm thankful for the dedicated guys and gals that are out there giving their best in media ministry for the glory of the Lord.

Now for some favorite scripture passages of thanksgiving.

I will give to the Lord the thanks due to his righteousness, and I will sing praise to the name of the Lord, the Most High. Psalm 7:17

I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. Psalm 9:1

Sing praises to the Lord, O you his saints, and give thanks to his holy name.
Psalm 30:4

Offer to God a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and perform your vows to the Most High,
Psalm 50:14

With a freewill offering I will sacrifice to you; I will give thanks to your name, O Lord, for it is good. Psalm 54:6

I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples; I will sing praises to you among the nations. Psalm 57:9

But we your people, the sheep of your pasture, will give thanks to you forever; from generation to generation we will recount your praise. Psalm 79:13

I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever. Psalm 86:12

Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!

For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations. Psalm 100:4-5

Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!
Psalm 118:1

Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving. Ephesians 5:4

17Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
18And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, 19addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with all your heart, 20giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, 21submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Ephesians 5:17-20

6Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him,
7rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.
Colossians 2:6-7

And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.
16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. 17And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Colossians 3:15-17

give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people,
2for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.
1 Timothy 2:1-2

“Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever! Amen.”
Revelation 7:12

No comments: