Monday, May 15, 2006

Examples of Good Customer Service

I wrote recently about bad customer service (What Happened to Good Customer Service?). I wanted to recognize a couple of positive experiences as well.

I’m member of the Church Sound Check discussion group which I believe is the best forum for media ministry any where. If you are involved in media ministry then you need to be a member of this group. In this group is some of the most knowledgeable and wise people from churches, manufacturers, consulting firms, distributors etc. that you will find. One member of this group really stands out on a consistent basis. His name is Carey and he is design engineer for Allen & Heath. What distinguishes Carey from most is that he is about helping others regardless of whether you own an Allen & Heath mixing console or some other manufacturer’s mixer. He is a wealth of knowledge about audio and will share his knowledge with anyone. That is great customer service when you may not even be a customer. I would actually call that Kingdom minded. I applaud you Carey!

I next recognize the company Audio Ethics. We recently held a community wide evangelistic event at a local stadium. This event was the effort of 20 churches combined out of the local ministerial association. Unfortunately the knowledge of producing an event of this magnitude was lacking. I found out late in the planning what was proposed for audio and lighting and when I did my heart sank. I had to do something. I went into scramble mode and started taking bids from the limited knowledge I had of the event. The funding was not adequate to acquire the services of most production companies. In fact some would not even return my calls after I told them what we had for budget. Gordon Snyder in Production Services at Audio Ethics understood exactly what I was going through and worked with me to get the very best audio, lighting and stage for the money that was budgeted. We were able to procure a portable stage with more than adequate lighting and an awesome sound system for this event so that we could reach out to the community and share the gospel with excellence. Audio Ethics had the same understanding that the people we were trying to reach do not know Christ and do not go to church but they do recognize if you are putting forth a good production.

The “road crew” from Audio Ethics are very knowledgeable and hard working. Maybe the only fault I could see was that these guys were obviously tired from being stretched thin by working all day with various responsibilities and then working nights and weekends on these types of events and concerts. They knew every piece of equipment from top to bottom. Sam Trexler was the lead and not only did an excellent job of directing complete set up and tear down but produced some great mixes for the various praise bands, ensembles and the mass choir.

Audio Ethics did not skimp whatsoever on the sound system. For example they used QSC amps, D & B Audiotechnik array, subs and box speakers and to top everything off was the Yamaha MC7L digital audio mixing console. I was absolutely thrilled when I started to see what was being unpacked.

I extend a great big thank you to Audio Ethics for their example of excellence and good customer service.

1 comment:

Ernie Stevenson said...

Thanks Ellen! Sounds like you have an idea for a blog that you should go with.
I know that there is a site that is city based that rates service based on feedback but I can't remember what the site was called.