Saturday, April 14, 2007

From the Mouths of Babes

Every once in a while you have those moments with your children that are unforgettable. My 4 year old son is a source of many of those moments. For example a few weeks ago we were in the C.O.A.C. (see this post) at our church and it was time to go that Sunday afternoon and the building superintendent turned out the lights. At that point my 4 year old son proceeded to run around the "gym" yelling, "We're in Hell, We're in Hell!" Obviously someone has taught him that Hell is a place of darkness so there you go.

I have been struggling with letting go and letting God here recently which comes down to a matter of trust. God, though has been faithful and has lead me to His Word (Psalm 55:22, Matthew 11:28-30) this week which has been awesome. So this morning out of nowhere my son says, "I only trust God. I never trust...(pointing down at the floor). I will always trust God."

Childlike faith! Our God is an awesome God and can teach us through even the mouths of babes.

2 comments:

XclusivelyHisOwn said...

I love it! Kids say, and do the wildest things, but like you said - he's acting on what he knows: hell = darkness.

I bet you got a laugh out of that one.

Ernie Stevenson said...

We most certainly did! He is always coming up with something you don't expect.