Thursday, August 11, 2005

Dream Big, Think Big, Go Big!

Perry Noble offered a post titled Dream Big. For some reason they have their posts anchored instead of permalink so you will have to scroll down to find that post. After that, make sure you read the post above it as well. Good stuff!

Anyway the post got me to thinking about how many times I hear complaints about some aspect of media ministry. How when I mention what we could do with media or what it would take to really make an event stand out in the community then I get blank stares. When I'm asked by staff to improve an area but then the stewardship committee slashes my budget to the point that I have to maintain status quo. And that may be unfair because our church is fiscally sound. But it is frustrating still.

I'm not satisfied with status quo. The Lord has shown me the need to improve sound, video, lighting, website etc; in different venues to impact outreach, fellowship, discipleship, worship, missions and other ministries. Some of those ideas are a drastic departure from what we have now. But I want to jump out of the fish bowl into the pond and pond to lake and lake to ocean. I need to keep growing and learning and striving for excellence. I will continue to dream big, think big and someday go big!

No comments: