Thursday, August 11, 2005

What is a Technical Staff Position Worth?

Anthony Coppedge never shies away from the tough issues facing churches in the area of media ministry. His post yesterday was no exception. I really appreciated him bringing up this topic.

In my case, I'm the last one to bring up the question of money. I have never wanted to appear that I was there for the money. That is probably why I have never did fair market value research for any employment that I have had and I have never asked for a raise. I believe the love of the job is first and foremost, then people chemistry and then money. When the love of the job wanes though...well that is a different topic.

Of course when you are called to a certain ministry then your salary should not be a determining factor in my opinion. Now if a church or ministry doesn't want to pay you enough to support the cost of living in the area they are located then maybe they have not done their homework. Maybe they have not prepared themselves to take on another staff position. Then maybe that is not the place that God has for you.

Anyway, check out Anthony Coppedge's post Salaries for "Media & Communications" People

No comments: