Friday, January 26, 2007

Random Announcements & Thoughts

Well, I have been wanting to post several times over the past week but time has not allowed. So today I just wanted to throw out some random announcements and thoughts.

  1. The NSCA Expo has announced that they will host Fits and Starts Production's HOW-TO Church Sound Workshop at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando FL on March 16th & 17th. All information can be obtained by visiting this page. You have heard me announce this workshop on several occasions. It is some of the best training you will receive for the money.
  2. We completed week 17 of Quest for Authentic Manhood at our church this morning. This life changing experience is part of Men's Fraternity developed by Robert Lewis, pastor of Fellowship Bible Church in Little Rock, AR. I know that I have never been through anything that has challenged me week after week like this series has. If you are looking to get a men's ministry off the ground at your church then this is an excellent option to consider.
  3. I wrote a post almost a year ago to the day titled Church Media Consultation. What brought it back to my attention was that I received a comment on it this year from none other than the church media consultant guru himself, Anthony Coppedge. Anthony has been low key the past few months so it was great to hear from him. Also judging from some conversations that I have had recently at my own church and some other blogs that I have read this is still a hot button issue. Take time and review this post and check out the good comments and there is a hint that Anthony may having something coming soon as well. Wouldn't that be great?!
  4. I've been hearing a lot about innovation in churches here lately but what about innovation in conferences. I received an e-mail from Doug Gould of Shure yesterday announcing that he will be conducting seminars at a conference. OK, nothing new there. What caught my attention is where the conference will be held and that is a Royal Caribbean cruise liner. Now I may just be out of touch here and they have been doing this but this is the first time I have heard of it and to me it is a great idea and innovative. Check out Worship at Sea for all the details.
  5. Speaking of innovative, I'm sure everyone has heard by now that Perry Noble's church Newspring are hosting there very own conference called Unleash. The price is right and the location is just a jut to the left. I'm up to hear what they have going on over there.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Ernie Stevenson said...

If I can stay ahead on the Easter productions then I will be there. I look forward to hooking up with you guys. I'm going to try and bring a bunch of old guys with me too. :>)