Tuesday, March 06, 2007

It's Not a Problem; It's An Issue

That is what we say every time someone calls our over-crowded worship services a "problem" Well, obviously our church marketing does not suck because we have been busting at the seams at our 11:00 a.m. service. It is definitely God at work in our community because other than mailing post cards a couple of times over the past 6 months we have not done anything to promote our church. We currently do not even have a web site. I shut the old one down over a year ago because it was just plain horrible and definitely not worthy of an offering to our Lord and Savior and not a representation of this body of believers. So what is really bringing people in? The answer is our people at work in the community. Our people actually getting their hands dirty out in the neighborhoods doing what ever to show the love of Jesus. That has been free water or hot chocolate at public events; our own version of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition for some needy families and sometimes just lending a helping hand when needed.

In our discussions, one thing that has come up that is a problem. That would be our overflow room. I have been disgusted with the audio and video quality from the very first time I witnessed the room. But it has never been a priority until now. Now that many more have witnessed the atrocity that is the "TV Room" the complaints have multiplied 10 fold. My plan is a whole new video distribution system. I have used video over CAT-5 in another venue with success so I'm leaning towards doing the same here. I also need to replace cameras. We just don't have the space for camera operators so I'm going with robotic PTZ type cameras. I have a plan but I'm limited in my knowledge of video equipment so I don't know what is worth considering. I'm looking for direction from any of you that may read this blog about what you are doing in the area of video distribution.

I'm excited about reaching more and more in our area with love of Jesus and telling them about the abundant life that only comes from Him. We obviously need to show that our Jesus is worth worshiping and presenting an offering that if our very best in service and in media and technology. I can't wait to get started...

No comments: