Thursday, June 30, 2005

Fellowship of Technical Ministries

If there is one thing that I have learned very quickly in media ministry is that many times you feel all alone. In a small church you are all alone because the talent pool is not that deep. In any church you are often misunderstood by the lead or senior pastor and the worship leader just drives you nuts. So, when I heard that Greg Silby(FTM Announced) was founding the Fellowship of Technical Ministries then I got excited. I have thought of contacting the various churches in our community many times to touch base with whoever is leading their audiovisual ministries. If for nothing more than to coordinate frequency use. I have not followed through though because I thought I needed to get my own house in order. I'm hoping that this Fellowship will enable us to actually start a chapter some day in this area. I envision a technical fellowship that can help all media teams to get their houses in order together by:
  • Sharing information on equipment, procedures and consultants etc.
  • Holding joint training sessions and hosting manufacturing representatives.
  • Periodically conducting a worship service for media ministry teams where most of us can actually relax and enjoy good music and good speaking without thinking of what is coming up next.

Any other ideas out there?

No comments: