Wednesday, June 01, 2005

My very first blog

You know, I thought someday when I finally started a blog that it would be about Christian action; about legislation or moral issues but when it came time I saw a need for talking about ministry.
The paticular ministry that I have been called and see a need for explanation is using media. We have become a visually stimulated, interactive society and I see a need for the church to change with that society. Not to be of the world but to be in the world. I hardly know anyone that doesn't have a computer. We all interact with the internet and use e-mail to communicate. Almost everyone has a DVD player with a big screen television and surrond sound home theatre system. We have come to expect excellence in audio, video and computers.
Why do we not do the same in our churches? When someone finally gets a lost soul to enter a church and they are distracted by bad sound, poor video or mistakes with sound or video during a service then they are more likely not to come back. The same goes for Christians who are searching for a church home. We have come to expect excellence in our consumer electronics and we should expect the same of our media in the church.

1 comment:

Gary Lamb said...

Thanks for the link! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on media ministry.